Members and visitors are expected to be properly dressed (smart casual) at all times, both on the course and in the clubhouse.
- The dress code for the clubhouse will, in the majority of cases, be based very much on “smart casual” as a minimum.
- Smart casual would be defined by ‘a majority of reasonably minded people’.
- Jeans and Trainers may be worn but not work/torn jeans, while trainers should be clean and of smart design.
- Blackburn Golf Club hope that this rule will provide an environment where members, their families and guests plus visitors are made to feel genuinely welcome and comfortable.
On the Course
- Appropriate Golfing Wear
- The Following would be viewed as unacceptable:
- The wearing of shirts outside trousers, Jeans, T-Shirts, sports or beach shorts, shirts with offensive designs/words, tracksuits or shell suits.
- The wearing of ordinary socks (normally worn with trousers) with tailored shorts. Trousers tucked into socks, shoes other than appropriate golfing footwear.
- Ladies have their own dress code and this must be strictly adhered to.
IN ANY DISPUTE AS TO WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF DRESS, THE DECISION OF ANY MEMBER OF COUNCIL, THE STEWARD OR PROFESSIONAL SHALL BE FINAL.
MOBILE PHONES are NOT permitted in the clubhouse or on the golf course