1. All applications will be reviewed by the Management Board at Blackburn Golf Club at the next subsequent Board Meeting, and you will be informed on whether or not your application has been successful within 14 days of that meeting. The Management Board is not obliged to advise you of the reasons associated within any rejection of an application.
2. The minimum age for admission for Juniors is 8 years if the applicant is the child of a member, and 11 years for the child of a non-member.
3. Membership of Blackburn Golf Club is an annual commitment with the subscription year starting on the 1st of April every year. Fees are payable in advance of the subscription year although an option does exist to pay the subscription fee under a monthly arrangement via direct debit.
4. New members joining part way through the subscription year will pay the relevant subscription fee on a pro-rata basis.
5. Where members resign during the subscription year and/or cease to pay subscriptions under a monthly arrangement, they shall become liable to pay any outstanding subscription fees, or indeed any other monies owed to the Club immediately. Please refer to Club Rule 18.
6. New Members will pay the full headline subscription rates as detailed above, but will receive a partial discount in Year 2 and then the full discount in Year 3 to bring them into line with the prevailing rate for Existing Members.
7. Age related discounts from 65 upwards are subject to the qualification requirement of the Member having at least 15 years’ continuous and unbroken membership. Such discounts come into force for the membership year after you reach the relevant age, e.g. if you turned 65 on the 15th May 2024, you would be eligble for the 65-69 category discount from the membership year starting the 1st April 2025.
8. As a Member, you are reminded that if you drop down to a lower level of membership, you are deemed to have resigned your membership at the previous higher level. Therefore, should you wish to assume membership at the higher level once more, you will effectively be regarded as a “New” Member and be subject to the corresponding subscription levels. This will also affect any “age-related” discount you may be entitled to. The Board may, but is not obliged to, make exceptions, but typically they would only be on the grounds of serious ill health for example.
Updated last 06/03/23
Updated last 18/01/23 with v.09 replacing v.08